Fort Myers Police have released a sketch of the male accused of attempting to abduct a 16-year-old female on Friday, March 18th.
Allegedly, the abductor was driving a late-model Lexus, red in color, potentially damaged near the front of the driver’s door.
Described as a white male in his 50’s with curly blonde hair, eye glassed and light facial hair, he reportedly pulled his victim into his vehicle and transported her to nearby Shady Oaks Park.
The Fort Myers Police Department highly encourages parents and caregivers to take a few moments and remind your child(ren) about “stranger safety.”
· Don’t talk to strangers.
· Don’t take anything from strangers.
· Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know.
· Stay more than an arm’s reach from strangers. If you are approached by a stranger, seek help immediately.
· Trust your instincts, if you feel you are being followed or something is not right, seek help immediately.
· Use the buddy system, avoid walking anywhere alone.
· Review contact telephone numbers and home safety practices.
· When seeking help, always go to a trusted adult – teacher, coach, police officer, other parent, or older siblings.
· If a stranger grabs you, do everything you can to stop him or her from pulling you away. Drop to the ground, kick, hit, bite, and scream. Do whatever it takes to attract the attention of others who can help you. If someone is dragging you away, scream, “this is not my dad,” or “this is not my mom.”
· Report any suspicious activity to your local school and police department.
The Fort Myers Police Department respectfully asks for community assistance regarding this incident. Should you have any information, please contact Detective Dan Losapio at (239) 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Callers can always remain anonymous.
A 16-year-old female waited patiently for the bus to arrive near High Street and Second Street in Fort Myers yesterday. Just before 5:00 p.m., a late-model, red Lexus rolled to a stop and asked her for directions.
The driver, described as a white male, approximately 50 years of age and armed with a knife, grabbed and grappled with the teen and succeeded in constraining her. The youth was pulled into the vehicle and transported to an area in or near Shady Oaks Park on Marion Street.
Managing to pull free, the teen was able to exit the vehicle and flee and elude the suspect.
According to the Fort Myers Police, the suspect is described as “a white male, approximately 50 years old, curly blonde hair, eye glasses, light facial hair or “scruff”. He was wearing light blue jeans, white v-neck t-shirt, dark Timberland style boots and possibly wearing a single ring on his left hand.”
The Lexus, red in color, may potentially have damage (small scratch or dent) on the front portion of the driver’s side door.
The Fort Myers Police Department respectfully asks for community assistance. Should you have any information, please contact Detective Dan Losapio at (239) 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Callers can always remain anonymous.
© 2016 Lee Herald. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Photo source: http://bit.ly/22u4BKc